About the Course
A commentary to the practice of Transference of Consciousness
“The fact of the matter is that this world is not our home. We are travellers, passing through. We came from our previous life, and in a few years, or a few days, we shall move on to our next life.”
Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
Usually when we die, we have no control over the process, and so our mind is thrown into another rebirth without us having any choice in the matter. The special meditation called ‘Powa’ or ‘Transference of Consciousness’ allows us to prepare for the death process, control it when it happens, and guide our mind to rebirth in a Buddha’s Pure Land.
If we master this meditation, we will lose all fear of death, this life will be our last suffering life, and we will also be able to guide others through the death process. Since death is the one certainty of life, preparing for it in this way is of utmost importance.
|10.00am – 11.15am||Teaching 1|
|11.45am – 1.00pm||Teaching 2|
|3.00pm – 4.00pm||Practice of Transference of Consciousness with guided meditation|
Teachings in Cantonese with English translation.
Date: 31 May (Sunday)
Course fee: HK$200
Enrolment Deadline: 29 May (Friday)
On line booking has been closed, if you would like to book please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 2507 2237 .
* Once a month at KMC HK, we engage in the Powa practice on behalf of those who have recently died leading them to the Pure Land of a Buddha. Everyone is welcome to join.
Please kindly take note of the following:
– This live stream event is available only to those who are currently living in Hong Kong
– Course fee is per person
– We only accept online registration
– A separate registration is required for each person attending the event
– Registration is non-transferrable
– Registration will only be accepted when all necessary information (e.g. name, email address) and full payment has been received
– Live stream links will be sent to your email address by KMC HK on 30 May and please do not share the links with others
– This event will remain online until 5pm on Tuesday 2 June
– You can cancel your registration and receive a full refund BEFORE you received the live stream links
– No refunds will be given AFTER you have received the live stream links
– Please send your cancellation request to email@example.com
– KMC HK reserves the right to cancel or reschedule this live stream event
– KMC HK has done its best to provide a live-stream and is not responsible for the sound and video quality of this live stream event
All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
* To download English e-booklet:
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director of Kadampa Buddhism for East Asia and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam is a pure disciple who has trained under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over twenty years. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.