About the Course
Teachings and Silent Meditation Retreat on developing deep meditative concentration with Gen Kelsang Tonglam
August – September
This 4-week meditation course includes 3 weekly teachings followed by a silent meditation retreat. Through training in pure concentration, we can gain control of our mind and improve the quality of our life. Our experience of spiritual practice will be deepened and we shall create powerful causes to attain Tranquil Abiding – a special concentration that is conjoined with the bliss of mental and physical suppleness.
You can choose to attend Part 1 only, but to reap the most benefits, we recommend you to attend both Part 1 and Part 2. The retreat is suitable for those new to meditation as well as experienced practitioners.
Part 1 – Teachings and Home Practice
Kadampa Meditation Centre HK
English class on Tuesday 20/8, 27/8 & 3/9
7.30pm – 9.15pm
- What is concentration?
- Why is it important to develop concentration?
- How to train in concentration?
- How to overcome the obstacles in our training?
- How to engage in a retreat?
* The participants are required to engage in a short daily practice at home through the first part of the programme.
Course fee (attend Part 1 only) : HK$300 for 3 classes
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat
Silent Meditation Retreat
Kadoorie Centre, Yuen Long
Either 6-days (6/9 evening – 11/9 noon) or 3-days (6/9 evening – 8/9 noon)
You can choose either 6-days retreat or 3-days retreat.
During the retreat, we shall train in the stages of Tranquil Abiding and, most importantly, have a real nice time enjoying a silent, concentrated, peaceful and happy mind.
3- Day Retreat (6 Sept evening – 8 Sept noon)
6- Day Retreat (6 Sept evening – 11 Sept noon)
Teachings and retreat will be conducted in Cantonese with English and Mandarin translation.
Accommodation and Fees (per person)
|6- Day (6/9 – 11/9)||Double / Twin Room||$4,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$3,200|
|6-8 dorm (TTP/FP students)||$2,400|
|3- Day (6/9 – 8/9)||Double / Twin Room||$2,400|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$1,700|
- Booking is essential if you prefer to stay in double or triple room. Priority will be given to those who register for the entire 6-days retreat.
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm on Friday 6 September – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 8 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
1.30pm on Wednesday 11 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Booking deadline: 3 September 2019
On-line Booking starts at 9pm on Sunday 14 July 2019
* All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director of Kadampa Buddhism for East Asia and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam has trained under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 25 years. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 25 August 2019, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 25 August 2019.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.
Part 1 – Teachings
Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong
Tel. 2507 2237
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat