“Death” Weekend Meditation Retreat with Gen Kelsang Tonglam
30 November – 2 December at Kadoorie Centre, Shek Kong
Although we hear about people around us died every day, we still fool ourselves by thinking that we are exceptional and our death is far away.
In general, “death” is a sensitive topic. We avoid talking about it, fear it and do not even understand it. However, if we learn and accept death as part of our life, we shall gain a conviction that it will come at any time! Through knowing this truth, we shall see beyond death and all our misunderstanding, fear and ignorance of death will be removed. We shall let go of the concerns of this life alone and our spiritual practice will become pure.
During this retreat, Gen Kelsang Tonglam will step by step guide us to deeply meditate on every aspect of our impermanence. We can fearlessly face the truth of our death and transform it into an energy which drives us to practice with great effort. We shall avoid wasting our precious human life and we shall strive to make it meaningful.
Teachings in English. The retreat will start on Friday 8pm and finish on Sunday 1pm.
Accommodation and Fees (per person)
|Twin room (ensuite)||$1,950 ($1,700 *)|
|Triple room (ensuite)||$1,600 ($1,400 *)|
|5-people room (ensuite)||$1,400 ($1,250 *)|
|6-8 people dormitory||$1,300 ($1,100 *)|
* FP / TTP Study Programme students only
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm on Friday 30 November – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 2 December – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Booking deadline: 27 November 2018
On line booking has been closed, if you would like to book please send email to email@example.com or call 2507 2237 .
All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director of Kadampa Buddhism for East Asia and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam has trained under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over twenty five years. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 22 November 2018, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 23 November 2018.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.