About the Course
Death Meditation Retreat with Gen Kelsang Tonglam
30 November – 2 December at Kadoorie Centre, Shek Kong
‘I may die today’. Although we know this intellectually, we never think it will happen to us. It leads us in the wrong direction and causes our human life to become empty.
In this retreat, Gen Tonglam will step by step guide us to meditate on every aspect of our impermanence based on Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche’s book, Joyful Path of Good Fortune.
Through knowing the truth of our death, we will joyfully put effort into entering the path to liberation by practicing Dharma purely now.
This retreat will be conducted in English. The retreat will start on Friday 8pm and finish on Sunday 1pm.
Accommodation and Fees (per person for the whole retreat)
|Single room (ensuite)||$3,900 ($3,400 *)|
|Twin room (ensuite)||$1,950 ($1,700 *)|
|Triple room (ensuite)||$1,600 ($1,400 *)|
|5-people room (ensuite)||$1,400 ($1,250 *)|
|6-8 people dormitory||$1,300 ($1,100 *)|
* Teacher Training Programme and Foundation Programme students only
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm on Friday 30 November – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 2 December – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Booking deadline: 27 November 2018
On-line Booking starts at 9pm on Sunday 21 October 2018
* All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director of Kadampa Buddhism for East Asia and the Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong and Kadampa Meditation Centre Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam has trained under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over twenty five years. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 22 November 2018, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 23 November 2018.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.