About the Course
“We all wish for world peace, but world peace will never be achieved unless we first establish peace within our own minds.’ Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche
3 Weekly Teachings and Silent Meditation Retreat with Gen Kelsang Rabten
August – September 2017
Through focused meditation we can create and share powerful healing energy with the world. On this 6 day silent retreat, we will engage in special prayers, reflections and meditations to increase peace and happiness in the world. Please join us in this act of kindness.
This 4-week training programme includes 3 weekly teachings and daily practice at home which will be followed by a silent meditation retreat. You can choose to attend Part 1 only, but to reap the most benefits, we recommend you to attend both Part 1 and Part 2.
Part 1 – Teachings and Home Practice
Kadampa Meditation Centre HK
Wednesdays 7:30pm – 9:00pm
23/8 – Introduction to Silent Retreat
30/8 – Meditation on Taking Away Sorrow
6/9 – Meditation on Giving Peace to the World
Gen Rabten will teach based on Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche’s book “How to Transform Your Life”. The participants are required to engage in a short daily practice at home during the first part of the programme.
Course fee (attend Part 1 only) : HK$300 for 3 classes
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat
Kadoorie Centre, Yuen Long
You can choose either 6-days retreat or 3-days retreat.
3- Day Retreat (8 Sept evening – 10 Sept noon)
6- Day Retreat (8 Sept evening – 13 Sept noon)
Teachings and Retreat will be conducted in English with Cantonese and Mandarin translation.
Accommodation and Fees (per person)
|6- Day (8/9-13/9)||Double / Twin Room||$4,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$3,200|
|6-8 dorm (TTP/FP students)||$2,400|
|3- Day (8/9-10/9)||Double / Twin Room||$3,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$2,300|
- Booking is essential if you prefer to stay in double or triple room. Priority will be given to those who register for the entire 6-days retreat.
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm on Friday 8 September – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 10 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
1.30pm on Wednesday 13 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Booking deadline: 4 September 2017
Silent Meditation Retreat (3 teachings included)
3 teachings only
* All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
Gen Kelsang Rabten is the NKT-IKBU National Spiritual Director for Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong.
Gen Rabten is a pure disciple who has trained under the guidance of his Spiritual Guide, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche, for more than 20 years. His teachings are precise and compassionate, and he exemplifies the essence of the modern Kadampa’s way of life, inspiring many people to embark on this meaningful path.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 20 August 2017, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 31 August 2017.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.
Part 1 – Teachings
Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong
Tel. 2507 2237
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat