About the Course
Mindfulness, Meditation & Mahamudra
Discovering the peace and clarity within
Teachings and Silent Meditation Retreat with Gen Kelsang Tonglam
August – September 2018
This 4-week meditation course includes 3 weekly teachings followed by a silent meditation retreat. It will take you on an inner journey into the clear and limitless nature of your own mind and help you to experience the peace and clarity within.
Mahamudra is the heart practice of Kadampa Buddhism. A great favourite among practitioners; deeply relaxing and profoundly illuminating meditations that will empower your ability to meditate and help maintain a happy and peaceful mind in your daily life.
Gen Tonglam will explain and guide simple, yet profound meditations that begin to open up a whole new inner world to gain deep insight and ability to understand and control your mind.
You can choose to attend Part 1 only, but to reap the most benefits, we recommend you to attend both Part 1 and Part 2. The retreat is suitable for those new to meditation as well as experienced practitioners.
Part 1 – Teachings and Home Practice
Kadampa Meditation Centre HK
Wednesday, 7:30pm – 9:00pm
22 August – How to be Mindful of Thoughts
29 August – Concentration on Clarity
5 September – The Practice of Mahamudra
Course fee (attend Part 1 only) : HK$300 for 3 classes
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat
Kadoorie Centre, Yuen Long
You can choose either 6-days retreat or 3-days retreat.
3- Day Retreat (7 Sept evening – 9 Sept noon)
6- Day Retreat (7 Sept evening – 12 Sept noon)
Teachings and Retreat will be conducted in Cantonese with English and Mandarin translation.
Accommodation and Fees (per person)
|6- Day (7/9-12/9)||Double / Twin Room||$4,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$3,200|
|6-8 dorm (TTP/FP students)||$2,400|
|3- Day (7/9-9/9)||Double / Twin Room||$3,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$2,300|
- Booking is essential if you prefer to stay in double or triple room. Priority will be given to those who register for the entire 6-days retreat.
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm on Friday 7 September – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 9 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
1.30pm on Wednesday 12 September – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Booking deadline: 5 September 2018
Silent Meditation Retreat (3 teachings included)
3 teachings only
* All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director of Kadampa Buddhism for East Asia and the Resident Teacher at Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong and Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam has trained under the guidance of Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over twenty years. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 20 August 2018, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 31 August 2018.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.
Part 1 – Teachings
Kadampa Meditation Centre Hong Kong
Tel. 2507 2237
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat