About the Course
Having been wandering in samsara since beginningless time experiencing unbearable sufferings, we now have the precious opportunity and all the conditions to liberate ourself permanently from the sufferings of our countless future lives. But what is stopping us from practicing Dharma whole-heartedly?
In this retreat, Gen Tonglam will guide us through the stages of meditation on renunciation, from knowing our dream-like sufferings in samsara, to developing a strong wish to abandon it and finally eradicating its root, self-grasping, from our mind completely. We can see for ourselves nirvana is attainable for all of us and we will joyfully use our present human life to engage in pure Dharma practice.
Retreat will be conducted in Cantonese with English and Mandarin translation.
Date: 21 – 23 April (Starts on Friday evening and finishes on Sunday noon)
Venue: Kadoorie Centre
booking dealine: 17 April
Fee: per person
|Double Room/Twin *||$3,000|
|Triple Room *||$2,600|
|5-Persons room with bathroom||$2,300|
|6-8 Persons Dorm||$1,800|
* For double and triple rooms , please find your own roommate(s).
** Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
6.00pm April 21st Friday – Kowloon Tong to Campsite
1.30pm April 23rd Sunday – Campsite to Kowloon Tong
On line booking has been closed, if you would like to book please send email to email@example.com or call 2507 2237 .
Gen Kelsang Tonglam is the National Spiritual Director for East Asia of the New Kadampa Tradition – International Kadampa Buddhist Union and Resident Teacher of Kadampa Meditation Centre Taiwan.
Gen Tonglam has studied and practised Kadampa Buddhism for over twenty years under the guidance of his Spiritual Guide, Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. He is renowned for his ability to present Buddha’s most profound teachings in simple and most practical ways, injecting a renewed enthusiasm and driving force in our ordinary life.
Terms and Conditions
- Bookings can only be made online.
- A separate booking is required for each person attending the event.
- Bookings cannot be transferred to another person.
- After you have made your online booking, you will receive an email informing you the payment instruction. To secure your booking, you are required to make full payment within 7 days.
- Once full payment is received, you will receive a confirmation email confirming the details of your booking and payment.
- A non-refundable, non-transferrable deposit of 25% is required when you do online booking. If you cancel your booking on or before 5 April 2017, we will refund 75% of your full payment. No refund will be given if you cancel your accommodation booking after 15 April 2017.
- With regard to twin / triple room, we will only handle cancellation of the whole room, we will not handle cancellation for an individual staying in the room.