About the Course
Tranquil Abiding: The Bliss of Concentration
Teachings and Silent Meditation Retreat with Gen Kelsang Tonglam
This special event includes 3 weekly teachings followed by a silent meditation retreat.
April – May 2023
THE GREAT INDIAN BUDDHIST MASTER NAGARJUNA SAID IT:
FROM CONCENTRATION COMES PEACE.
Peace of mind is priceless. Whenever it arises we are happy, our body becomes comfortable, and we have a positive influence on those around us. But nowadays we have so many distractions that it is rare to enjoy even a moment of mental peace. By learning the Buddhist teachings on developing mindfulness and concentration allow one to learn to embrace the depths of peace inside a calm and quiet mind.
In this special 4-week event, Gen Tonglam will give step by step instructions on training in concentration and guide us through the meditations in the silent retreat. Training in this way, we will find that our mind becomes clear, focused, and relaxed and we will feel inspired to strive to attain tranquil abiding, our highest potential for mental clarity and peace.
You can choose to attend Part 1 only, but to reap the most benefits, we recommend you to attend both Part 1 and Part 2.
Part 1 – Teachings and Home Practice
Kadampa Meditation Centre HK
English classes on Tuesdays 18, 25 April & 2 May
7.30pm – 9.15pm
- What is concentration?
- Why is it important to develop concentration?
- How to train in concentration?
- How to overcome the obstacles in our training?
- How to engage in a retreat?
* Course fee: $300 for 3 classes ($150 for KMC HK’s Teacher Training Programme / Foundation Programme students). If you later on choose to attend the retreat, this fee will be deducted from the retreat fee.
Please kindly take off your shoes when you are in Centre and wear socks at all time. Thank you.
Part 2 – Silent Meditation Retreat
Kadoorie Centre of the University of Hong Kong, Yuen Long
Either 6 days (5/5 evening – 10/5 noon) or 3 days (5/5 evening – 7/5 noon)
During the retreat, we shall train in the stages of Tranquil Abiding and, most importantly, have a real nice time enjoying a silent, concentrated, peaceful and happy mind.
Retreat will be guided in English.
Accommodation and Fees (per person)
|6- Day (5/5 – 10/5)||Double / Twin Room||$4,000|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$3,200|
|6-8 dorm (TTP/FP students)||$2,400|
|3- Day (5/5 – 7/5)||Double / Twin Room||$2,400|
|5-pax room with bathroom||$1,700|
- Early booking is essential if you prefer to stay in twin or triple room at Kadoorie Centre. Priority will be given to those who registered for the whole 6-day retreat.
- For double / twin and triple rooms, please find your own roommate(s).
- Each participant has to do an individual on-line registration. You will be contacted within a week regarding payment method and you will receive a confirmation email upon full payment.
- Retreat fee already included the course fee.
6.00pm on Friday 5 May – Kowloon Tong to Kadoorie Centre
1.30pm on Sunday 7 May- Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
1.30pm on Wednesday 10 May – Kadoorie Centre to Kowloon Tong
Retreat booking deadline: 3 May (Wednesday)
Booking starts at 9:00pm on Sunday 26 March.
* All course fees are used to run and develop the Centre and spread Buddha’s precious teachings.